Graduate Research

Check out my recently published content on AC:
A Primer in Knowledge Management

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Good Technology from My Job

When I worked on cruise ships, I was able to manage a data center (the big computer brains as my wife liked to say). It was cool. It was good technology. One system in particular turned out be be really nice and for me is an example of technology with a purpose. The system is the interactive TV which is now in most major hotel chains. It allows you to rent movies, purchase shore tours, view your bill (not for the weak of heart) and other neat stuff. I liked it because is served several purposes and it made complete sense. Leverage some retro-tech, the TV, and turn it into an information center. Brilliant!

No comments:

I'm on LinkedIn

View Tim Dickey, ACG, CS's profile on LinkedIn